RPG Maker XP - Theme 1 RPG Maker XP - Theme 1

Nicely done! And congrats on not using the MIDI! It's fun and challenging to do things the hard way sometimes!

Secret Experiments Secret Experiments

I'd agree that this is a dungeon theme. The marimba gives it sort of a jungle vibe, so maybe some type of jungle or temple dungeon? I dunno. The bassoon and male choir also reinforces the dungeon vibe.

The drum set seems a little out of place to me for some reason. So does the clean electric guitar. But that's just me. I would have used some orchestral and ethnic percussion in place of drums and a woodwind (perhaps some sort of ethnic flute or maybe a normal flute... or oboe) for the melody. But again, that's just me. Despite saying that, what you have works fine especially considering the title of the composition! Thinking about it further with the title in mind, I may have used drums for the percussion, too. xD

Like you, I also sometimes start out with a particular theme and mind and end up getting something totally different. The muse has a mind of her own and always gets what she wants and it isn't always the thing we want it to be xD Does the mean we lack control? Maybe so xD

Anyway, nice work!

EnviousBass responds:

Yeah, gotta say, "temple dungeon" sounds like something this could work on. If a little adapted, that is. I concede, the electric guitar does seem a little out of place but that's mainly because there are no other synth instruments used in this song. I agree that maybe I should try out some ethnic instruments to match the marimba. However, personally, I am quite happy with what I came up with and its form.
Anyway, thanks for your detailed review. :)

Save Cottage Save Cottage

Awesome remix! It stands out as its own song. :)

foxypanda69 responds:

Counter-Cathexes[Piano] Counter-Cathexes[Piano]

Wow... this is astounding. So beautiful and relaxing. Well done! :)

HeAvEn-SmiLE responds:

Ha ha, thanks a bunch!

Life is a sandbox Life is a sandbox

This a brilliant track. Well done!

Back To Life Back To Life

Wow! This is a magnificent composition! Very lovely harmonies and a very lovely melody. The reversed section fits quite well, too. A splendid job!

The Cosmic Prelude The Cosmic Prelude

This is very beautiful! So ethereal! It really gives the feeling of being out in the great cosmos, drifting endlessly. A very nice song to clam down to and escape the daily troubles of life.

Bardash responds:

Thank you for your comments and thank you for listening.

The Journey From Here The Journey From Here

ChioBam pretty much hit the nail on the head! I'll add that I think the Celli could have been a bit louder in the parts where the other instruments were playing. At least imo. Still a pretty good piece! Looking forward to future compositions from you! :)

sounds like a boss theme sounds like a boss theme

A nice piece you've got here! I wanted it to go somewhere else at times because I felt it stayed the same too much, but it's still a good composition! :)

metroidfannumber1 responds:

oh yeah! i know what you mean by that. i thought it was too simple. but whenever i try to makea complicated song it becomes a mess that gets out of hand. and the end result isn't pretty. i taught myself to narrow it down.

I Don't Know What To Call It I Don't Know What To Call It

Nicely done, mate! I like it :). It's got a nice sound and feel to it. And I could see it fitting a desert type location. I could think of other uses for it, too. Nice work!

I rated it 4 stars because of the name and imperfect loop. The naming isn't a huge issue (well, maybe not an issue at all). Well, the looping isn't either, but it's a bigger... matter than the naming. I know you made a forum post about the loop and the editor isn't updating the file... but I must go on what is here! Still, you did a good job overall ;).

metroidfannumber1 responds:

Oh so that's the only problem? I must be doing something right! As for the looping, I tried the stuff on there and it just doesn't change. I mean it says it does but it doesnt! How weird that is? I have a similar problem where I can't respond to comments in the google plus bell thing and it permanently loads under a video in YouTube. But the likes still work. How weird is that?